My friend, Becky, included me in her end of the year post and I loved this idea of reflecting on what has happened in the last twelve months. Since it was my birthday last week, I figured now would be a good time to finally answer these questions since this is when my new year really begins.
1. What did you do in the last year that you’d never done before? I gave birth naturally, without any pain meds.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I didn’t make any last year but this year, I resolve to save and invest money for my boys.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Me, Becky, one of my cousins and several other friends.
4. Did anyone close to you die? My paternal grandmother passed away in May.
5. What countries did you visit? None.
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010? I would like more time with my family.
7. What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? July 18 – when Mr. Right and I got married, November 1st – when our long-distance relationship “ended,” and December 24 – the day our little baby was born.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Staying sane when my pregnancy and our long-distance relationship overlapped.
9. What was your biggest failure? Spending too much time worrying and not enough time enjoying the moment.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? No.
11. What was the best thing you bought? Nothing comes to mind…
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? My son behaved perfectly during our wedding ceremony. It was the perfect day and he made it even more special by being such a big part of it.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? He, whose name should not be mentioned here.
14. Where did most of your money go? Medical expenses during my pregnancy.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Starting our new life together as husband and wife.
16. What song will always remind you of 2010? First Day of My Life by Bright Eyes
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
– happier or sadder? Much, much happier.
– thinner or fatter? Fatter, but can I blame it on the baby weight still?!
– richer or poorer? Richer, financially and otherwise.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Laugh.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Cry.
20. How did you spend Christmas? I spent the morning in the hospital staring at our new baby and in the late afternoon, admiring all three of my boys and feeling so blessed.
21. Did you fall in love in 2010? Yes, several times.
22. What was your favorite TV program? Parenthood on NBC.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? I don’t hate anyone. It’s a waste of energy.
24. What was the best book you read? Settling for Mr. Right.
26. What did you want and get by year’s end? A healthy baby.
27. What did you want and not get by year’s end? Can’t think of anything…
28. What was your favorite film of this year? The Kids Are All Right
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned 34 last Friday, and I spent the day with my boys.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? More days in the year?!
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010? Fashionable Maternity clothes!
32. What kept you sane? Laughing and playing with my son.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Sandra Bullock
34. Who was the best new person you met? My new baby.
35. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010. Plan for surprises. They’re often the best things to happen to you.
36. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. “I ain’t never had nobody like you.” – M. Ward
Happy Healthy Hip Parenting
Peace Begins in the Home